Tom founded Keyes Quality Systems in 1998 providing business coaching, consulting and contract services related to operational excellence. More specifically Tom’s services focus on management systems development, code of ethical conduct and compliance, reduction of non-value added activities, organizational restructuring, and compliance to national and international standards.
As a professional lead auditor Tom has evaluated scores of businesses and organizations providing improvement roadmaps to leadership teams. In almost every case Tom has been charged to also implement these strategies while minimizing impact to day to day operations.
As an ethics and compliance officer Tom has many years of experience working with Federal Monitors, Federal and State Agencies, and Federal and State courts ensuring compliance to Codes of Ethical Conduct.
As a strong believer in public service, Tom is always eager to provide his voice and professional background to help our communities. Tom has been fortunate to serve in the following elected and appointed official positions:
- Sandwich Board of Selectmen, 2002 – 2008, Chairman 2 years.
- Barnstable County Assembly of Delegates, 2008 – 2011, Deputy Speaker 2 years.
- Economic Development Committee, 1998 – 2002, Chairman 2 years.
- Governor’s Appointee to the Rail Committee – 1999
During these years Tom also volunteered to serve on the following boards and committees:
- Water Quality Review Committee – 6 years
- Selectman Liaison to the Economic Development Committee – 6 years
- Cemetery Commission – 6 years
- Assembly of Delegates Standing Committee on Economic Affairs – 3 years
- Selectmen and Councilors’ Association – Director 4 years,President 2 years
- Municipal Association’s Selectmen & Councilors’ Association Member – 2 years
- Member of the 21st Century Taskforce to draft operational changes to the Cape Cod Commission
- Board of Trustees, Sandwich Glass Museum & Historical Society – 5th year
In the Spring of 2014 Tom founded the North Atlantic Archaeological Collaborative, Inc., a non-profit in the field of archaeology focused on education and preservation.